We are now considering plays for the 2013 season. Many factors determine our selection of plays for the New American Playwrights Project, including theme and content, cast size and potential for professional production. If you are interested in re-submitting or submitting any new scripts, please note the following:
- Scripts can be received beginning March 1, 2013; to meet the deadline, they must be postmarked by December 2, 2013.
- The New American Playwrights Project is especially interested in material that explores characters and ideas that focus on our American Western experience, spirit, and heritage. We will also accept scripts that focus on “classic” characters, subjects, and themes such as Shakespeare and other figures of historical, literary, or artistic significance.
- Plays should be original, un-produced full-length, bound scripts that are finished enough to profit from a workshop reading by professional actors but still open to revision. Do not send a synopsis, musicals, or screenplays. No plays by multiple authors or collaborations will be accepted.
- Scripts may not exceed 120 pages of dialogue and must be bound in traditional script form.
- Cast size must be limited to fifteen characters or less.
- You will be notified after March 14, 2014, regarding the status of your play.
- Scripts will not be returned.
- A non-refundable $20 submission fee is required for entry into the New American Playwrights Project. Make checks or money orders payable to: “Utah Shakespeare Festival NAPP.” Payment must be included with your script. Do not send cash.